What’s Playing? Diane Birch – “Bible Belt” (Play here)
Imagine a wonderful turkey sandwich—wholesome 5-grain bread, turkey, tender, lightly smoked over a smoldering hickory wood fire—wonderfully accented by the crunch of fresh, peppery arugula together with a sweet and savory onion jam.
Like all wonderful sandwiches, it’s simple. So simple we can explore and experiment with our own creations.
Imagine the sandwich paired with freshly fried potato chips, with a generous sprinkling of sea salt
Turkey Sandwich Recipe:
- Whole grain bread (imagine 5-grain Italian wheat)
- Hickory smoked turkey breast
- Caramelized onion jam (click for recipe)
- 1 tbps Sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canola, vegetable, or light olive oil
1. Whisk together the egg yolk, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper.
2. While whisking, carefully drizzle in the oil.
4. Season to taste with salt, pepper, vinegar, and a pinch of cayenne.
5. Wonderful… I hope
Originally posted on March 6th, 2010.
Gently cared for on December 17th, 2010.